XAT or Xavier Aptitude Test Previous year Question Papers become handy when you are preparing for the XAT exam conducted for admission to management programs at XLRI Jamshedpur & other institutes under Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI). Use the buttons below to download official XAT 2019 question paper in PDF format along with answer key for sections verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Decision Making, Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation, and General Knowledge. XAT 2019 official question paper in PDF format is divided into four sections. Four sections are:
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension – 26 Question
- Decision Making- 21 Question
- Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation- 27 Questions
- General Knowledge- 25 Questions
General Knowledge section does not have any negative marking and is not counted while calculating the XAT percentile.
Subscribe to latest updates from MBAVilla.com
Download XAT 2019 Question Paper and Answer Key PDF
You can download XAT 2019 question paper and answer key in PDF format using the button below. This is the official XAT 2019 Question paper and answer in key in PDF.
XAT 2019 Overview
- XAT 2019 did not include ESSAY and non-MCQ type questions.
- The paper has two sections: 1st section contains three subsections, namely VA RC, Decision Making and Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation and the second one has only one subsection that is General Knowledge. Part 1, which comprised of 3 subsections, had a time limit of 165 minutes with no sub-sectional time limit. Part 2 of the exam, which consists of GK, had a time limit of 15 minutes. There was no negativing marking in part 2. Only part 1 of the exam is considered while calculating the XAT percentile.
- The marking scheme was the same as before, i.e. +1 is awarded for correct response and -0.25 for each incorrect response. There is no negative marking in part 2 of the exam.
- The penalty for leaving more than eight questions un-attempted has increased this year from -0.05 to -0.10.
- The total number of option choices in MCQ questions was 5.
XAT 2019 Pattern
|XAT 2019 Section||Number of Questions||Marks for Correct Answer||Negative Marks||Time Duration|
|Part-1||74 Total MCQs||165 Minutes|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26||+1||0.25 for incorrect responses and additional -0.10 per question for leaving more than eight questions un-attempted||No Sectional Time Limit|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||27||+1|
|Part-2||25 Total MCQs||15 Minutes|
|General Knowledge||25||+1||No Negative Marking|
|Total questions (Part 1 + Part 2)||99||180 Minutes|
XAT 2019 Cutoff
|XAT 2019 CUTOFF, PROGRAM BM|
|XAT 2019 CUTOFF, PROGRAM HRM|
Last Updated on