Symbiosis International University conducts SNAP or Symbiosis National Aptitude Test, Pune for admission to various MBA colleges that are affiliated to the university like SCMHRD, SIBM, etc. It is a national level entrance examination that is given by approx Fifty thousand students every year for 2257 seats in the participating institutes. This year SNAP exam will be conducted on 15th December 2019. How to prepare for the SNAP exam for SNAP exam preparation are the most common doubt of the SNAP aspirants. In this article, we will answer the most common question by SNAP aspirants “How to Prepare for the SNAP exam?”.
SNAP 2019 Exam Pattern Overview
- The SNAP exam will be conducted in online mode
- SNAP Exam will cover the same syllabus as CAT
- The time duration for the SNAP exam is 120 minutes
- There will be two types of questions that will be asked in the SNAP exam, one is standard MCQ type, and other is a special type of questions similar to TITA Questions in CAT, both of them have different marking schemes. Only QA section will have 5 special questions.
- As per the latest SNAP 2019 pattern, current affairs section has been removed from the SNAP exam pattern. Also, SNAP marking scheme is also changed, tabulated below.
- There will be a total of 3 sections: Quantitative and Data Interpretation, General English & Analytical and Logical Reasoning.
- SNAP marking scheme is +1.5 marks in General English Section: Reading Comprehension and Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability and +1.5 marks for Analytical and Logical Reasoning & +1 for each Quantitative, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency normal question and +2 for special questions asked in QA section. There is no negative marking for the unattempted question.
- The negative marks for the questions will be -25% of the marks awarded to that question. No marks are deducted for un-attempted questions
- The surprising element of this exam is that it has negative marks for Non-MCQ questions, which is not in the CAT exam
- Understand the exam pattern to strategize How to Prepare for SNAP Exam.
|Sr. No.||SNAP 2019|
|1||SNAP Exam Conducting Authority||Symbiosis International University (SIU) Pune|
|2||Exam Mode||Online Computer-based Test|
|3||Total Number of Questions in SNAP 2019||110|
|4||Number of Sections in SNAP 2019||In total, there are three sections:
• General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability-34 Questions
• Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency- 40 Question
• Analytical & Logical Reasoning-36 Question
|5||Duration||120 minutes or 2 hours|
|6||Type of questions||The question can be classified into two types.
1. Multiple choice questions where the question has four options and one of which is a correct answer.
2. Special Questions or TITIA questions where the candidate is allowed to type an integral answer using the virtual on-screen keyboard.
|7||Total Number of MCQ Questions||110|
|8||Total Number of Special Questions||5 Special Questions in QA section|
|9||Marking Pattern||+1.5 marks in General English Section: Reading Comprehension and Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability and +1.5 marks for Analytical and Logical Reasoning & +1 for each Quantitative, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency normal question and +2 for special questions in QA section|
|10||Negative Marking||Each wrong attempt will result in a penalty of 25% of the marks. There is no negative marking for the un-attempted questions|
|11||Number of options for each question||4 Option choices for each MCQ question. No options will be provided for special questions, the candidate has to type the answer using virtual keyboard for special questions.|
|12||Sectional Cut-off||There is no individual sectional cut-off.|
|13||Order of the sections||There is no pre-fixed order for sections. There is no sectional time limit hence any section can be attempted at any point of time during the SNAP examination. The SNAP exam allows switching among sections at any point of time during the exam.|
|14||Number of SNAP 2019 Test Cities||92 Cities: Read more about SNAP 2019 Test Cities|
|Section in SNAP 2019||Number of MCQ questions||Marks for Correct MCQ Question||Negative Marks for Incorrect MCQ Question||Number of Special Questions questions||Marks for Correct Special Question||Negative Marks for Incorrect Special Question||Total questions in SNAP Section||Total Marks in Section|
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||34||+1.5||-0.375||NA||NA||NA||34||51|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||35||+1||-0.25||5||+2||-0.5||40||45|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||36||+1.5||-0.375||NA||NA||NA||36||54|
|Total||105 MCQ Questions||5 Special Questions||110 Total question in SNAP 2019||150 Total Marks|
SNAP Exam Preparation Strategy
- Snap exam is not much tricky like other MBA entrance examination.
- With a well-planned strategy with dedication and hard work, one can get success in the SNAP exam.
- One must know about the SNAP syllabus of the examination before starting the preparation.
- The level of difficulty of questions that will be asked in this exam is MODERATE, and not too much complicated.
- How to prepare for the SNAP exam: Complete basic concepts followed by SNAP mock test and analysis is the key to excel in this exam.
- The questions that will be asked will come mainly from concepts that one has prepared for CAT.
Topics to be covered in SNAP Exam Preparation
SECTION-1: GENERAL ENGLISH
- Reading Comprehension
- Para Jumbles
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Summary based questions
- Verbal Reasoning
- Finding errors grammatical or spelling
SECTION-2 QUANTITATIVE AND DATA INTERPRETATION
- Modern Mathematics
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Number System
- Log Functions
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Mixture and Allegations
- Factorial based questions
- Bar graphs
- Column, Pie charts
- Data comparison
- Games and Tournaments
SECTION-3 ANALYTICAL AND LOGICAL REASONING
- Linear Arrangements
- Circular Arrangements
- Critical Reasoning
- Team Formation
- Blood Relations Puzzles
- Direction based problems
- Pictorial reasoning
STRATEGY FOR SNAP QUANTITATIVE AND DATA INTERPRETATION PREPARATION
- Questions on arithmetic are frequently asked, it involves questions from Percentage, Profit and Loss, Ratio and Proportion, etc.
- This section requires a lot of practice and revision, as this section is very time consuming so one must learn different short tricks.
- A schedule should be formed in which ample time is given to practice and revision.
- Questions on mensuration are favorite of SNAP setters, every year 2-3 questions are asked from this section.
- Data interpretation questions are mainly from tables, data comparison, Rank setting, etc.
STRATEGY FOR SNAP GENERAL ENGLISH PREPARATION
- One must have a good reading habit to excel in this SNAP section.
- Questions are generally from Reading Comprehension, Synonyms, etc.
- Questions are not much complicated as asked in other MBA entrance examinations.
- One must learn new words and try to build up their vocabulary as SNAP asks more question on vocabulary.
STRATEGY FOR SNAP ANALYTICAL AND LOGICAL REASONING PREPARATION
- The level of difficulty of this section is a moderate type.
- Question from visual reasoning, critical reasoning, arrangement based puzzles should be practiced more.
- This section can have lengthy questions and can be time consuming, so it should be practiced more.
- The skills required for this section is not acquired overnight and should be practiced regularly.
SNAP Exam Preparation Books
- Some of the books that you can follow are:
- Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT for Admission into IIMs (English).
- Arihant Descriptive General English by SP Bakshi
- Symbiosis National Aptitude Test Guide (English)
- Target SNAP and General Knowledge by Disha.
- Map the SNAP Test by Arihant
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning by Arun Sharma
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension by Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay
- One can follow different coaching materials too; some of which are:
- TIME Institute
- Apart from this one can follow online portals like MBAVilla for a regular exam updates
Last Updated on