The prestigious Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree has been an essential contribution to career development over the last century. It has gained a sound reputation beyond the corporate world in almost every professional field and industry, and across every continent.
Today, hundreds of thousands of business professionals actively seek admission to the business schools of their choice. At the same time, top international MBA programs also invest time in personally communicating with prospective applicants to build a diverse MBA class and alumni network.
The process of MBA selection requires much research and reflection. Here is why in-person MBA meetings are crucial to the selection process.
Subscribe to latest updates from MBAVilla.com
- The MBA is a personal commitment: Deciding to do an MBA is a matter for career, lifestyle, and future development. The personality and approach of a school are important factors for MBA candidates to consider. How different MBA programs match one’s expectations is easily discernible by speaking with their representatives in person.
- Business meetings with business schools: Determined MBA applicants take the opportunity to talk business with MBA representatives one-on-one. They find out which business schools will enable them to reach their personal and professional goals. MBA meetings also allow applicants to receive feedback on how competitive it is to get admitted to the school.
- 20 constructive minutes: Access MBA’s One-to-One event enables professionals to meet the representatives of schools that were carefully selected to correspond to their professional background and expectations. Thus, the school and the MBA candidate are already familiar with one another, and each 20-minute meeting is spent discussing the topics that matter the most.
- Gain an admissions advantage: One-to-One MBA event participants get a sneak preview of their chances for admission by asking the right questions and putting forward their best presentation skills. Among the top-ranked, and thus most competitive, business schools participating in the Access MBA events in India are IE Business School, EDHEC, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology Business School, Asian Institute of Management, Loyola University Chicago, Newcastle University Business School and many more.
- 5. Real-time professional guidance: Getting an MBA degree is a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and MBA applicants appreciate expert advice. Before, after and in-between the business school meetings event visitors can receive free MBA consulting on any aspect of MBA selection, GMAT preparation, funding options and MBA application strategies to help guarantee a successful business education investment.
Why consider an MBA?
- Currently employed MBA graduates earn a median salary of more than USD 125,000, which varies per location. (Bloomberg Businessweek Global MBA Rankings 2018)
- Overall, 56% of companies plan to increase MBA starting salaries this year. (GMAC, Corporate Recruiters Survey Report, 2019)
- 48% of US employers either plan to or are willing to hire international candidates in 2019. (GMAC, Corporate Recruiters Survey Report, 2019)
How to make a smart MBA choice?
- Clarify how an MBA will help you achieve your career goals. Research in detail the curricula, learning methodologies, typical career paths, and employment statistics of different programs.
- Explore and compare programs and career prospects in different countries – the MBA is now available around the globe.
- Target accredited MBA programs as accreditation serves as a stamp of quality, reputation, and high academic standards.
- The duration of studies and the delivery format affect your budget, ROI, networking, among others, so analyze what is feasible.
- Assess realistically whether you fully meet all admission requirements, including length and quality of work experience, university degree, tuition fee criteria, GMAT/GRE test scores, and English proficiency. Get feedback on your profile from directly from business school admissions teams.